Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments to be the only inspired, inerrant infallible, complete revelation of God’s will for the salvation of all mankind and the final authority for Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in one God, infinitely perfect and eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death on a cross as the perfect acceptable sacrifice for our sins. We believe in His bodily resurrection from the dead, His ascension into heaven where He is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, where He is our high priest and advocate, Who from there shall return in power and glory.
4. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit as to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to convict of sin, to regenerate the repentant, and indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for a holy life of service in this present age.
5. We believe that mankind was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is in need of a Savior. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for our salvation and justification. Only through faith in Jesus Christ are people enabled to become children of God.
6. We believe the true church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are universally united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head.
7. We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s supper are ordinances to be observed and practiced by the church. They, however, are not to be regarded as a means of salvation.
8. We believe the Church has a mission to seek and save all those who are lost in sin and to gather together and work as a body to fulfill this calling.
9. We believe in the personal, premillennial and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ. This blessed hope is an encouragement for us to look forward to being with the Lord forever.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection from the dead with eternal life as the reward for believing in Jesus an eternal punishment as the consequence for rejection of that faith. We know that God is not willing for anyone to perish but that all should come to repentance; however, we still must choose to believe.
11. We believe in the orthodox, historical creeds of the Church: The Apostles’ Creed and The Nicene Creed. It must be emphasized that the above creeds (and all other creeds) are manmade documents. None of them are inspired as Scripture is inspired. Neither are they authoritative as Scripture is authoritative. Creeds are merely statements of faith that are true insofar as they accurately reflect what Scripture teaches.
12. We believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ is good news for every tribe, language and nation. It is a message of great hope, strength and encouragement to a world in the midst of turmoil. We believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God and that by believing we have life in His Name.